Forbidden Food

Friday, August 15, 2014

Thanks, Clean Run, my trust is broken.


And so is my good agility leash.  Last night we were in Pat’s agility class out at Best Friends, and Layla’s turn was approaching so I took her out of her little house and latched on her leash, ready to roll.  Roll she did as my excito-girl was suddenly careening on an over the top trajectory into the face of an 8 month old Sheltie, who had only stopped in for the atmosphere.  And she said (translation): “WHO ARE YOU, WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?  DO I HATE YOU? DO I LIKE YOU? I THINK I’LL BARK AT YOUR NOSE!”

I assumed my own leash inaccuracy was to blame, so somebody else ran and I leashed her up again, click/no-click, disillusionment. 










I found a similar clip mechanism on eBAY:  but what’s the point in fixing it if my trust has been shattered?

Maybe Clean Run doesn’t sell agility products made to withstand the crazy of a mostly-Border Collie ready to run?  (Ugh........???)

I can just see myself in Harriman, Murfreesboro, God forbid LOUISVILLE; we are in line
for Excellent Standard, of course, (where we have yet to get a Q), I distract Layla with food until we are next, she gets that wild look in her eyes as she sees the dog in front of us on the course, she barks, jumps, pulls and BAM she’s out there chasing him!  The reek of my humiliation would over-power the basic dog smell of the place, Layla would be considered unruly, our dreams of someday getting a Q in Excellent Standard are smashed as we are kicked out of AKC Agility!  (God, my imagination is foul.)

I think I’m going to try the old tried and true slip lead again, the purple one with the gold swirls, got it from a vendor at Harriman, TN last winter.  It came in at $5 under this fancy-pantcy clip deal; and it’s still hanging around.


No comments:

Post a Comment