Forbidden Food

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Teetering on "American's Best Value Inn"

I have begun to meditate on how to rig my mini-teeter to the top of my Honda Insight for trials.  I'm guessing I would still get at least 40 mpg; and some seriously confused truckers.

All seemed well and good with Layla psychologically earlier this summer, as teeter-phobia seemed to be just bad memory of a grim, Open Standard, past.  But during the first Standard run in Murfreesboro a couple of weeks ago, she was rather slow across great Satan.  (Layla and slow are like two magnet poles repelling each other before they can ever come close).  Of course it was I who caused a refusal NQ; so I dismissed the anomaly into the waste-bin of me trying teeter distance, creating a doggie "WTF?"  The next day she faced the teeter with a decided HELL NO, before I baby-talked her back across and we were summarily dismissed by the judge for pup paws hitting the thing twice.

Otherwise this trial was a Layla showcase.  She got her Excellent JWW title, and a Master JWW Q despite me, and only NQed on that first Standard run because of me.  I plotted to practice the teeter before the last day, even if it was pretend.

At the hotel it dawned on me that materials were present, always present on the road, to construct a kind of teeterish practice obstacle, kind of.

I have re-created my madness visually for this blog.  First I stacked my tennis shoes, dirtiest pair on the bottom:

Then I put my rolling traveling bag on top (I won't call it a suitcase, it's not that official-looking), soft-side down:
Not a suitcase!  Not really.

Then add treats, dog, and mix thoroughly:


And, in my case, I say "totter; GOOD TOTTER!" (Cram treat in appreciative canine mouth).  REPEAT!  And repeat, and repeat....

Next day!  It was me and ONLY me that kept Layla from achieving that first Ex Standard Q, and only with one little piece of handling suck.  I went ahead and later threw in a tidy portion of handling suck on JWW as well, getting back to my well-honed handling authenticity.

Still thinking, there has to be some way of getting the mini-teeter in the Insight with the crate, x-pen, captain's chair, dog trial bag loaded with God knows, a giant case of bottled water, my snacks and food.....  Why can't it just be a Tardis?






2 comments:

  1. haha ingenuity strikes again! I was contemplating this very thing in Kroger last night, what will I bring that will fit in the 4Runner besides two crates, two GSDs, and the driver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel is never easy. I want a transporter like on Star Trek, so I can just make a few trips.

      Delete