Forbidden Food

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Come on, let’s talk



Am I the only person who has ever Googled to the point of finger exhaustion only to never find anything but the happy-happy written about dog agility?

Where’s the criticism?  The “this makes me mad”?  I guess it doesn’t and shouldn’t exist.
I don’t want all this fun to be torn apart, much, I just wonder what would happen if people could express various, small issues they have on the very rare occasion (when the big pretzel eaten at the trial probably didn’t agree with their belly) anonymously?

I’m not saying there are ever actual issues that aren’t solely the fault and misunderstanding of the individual (though there might be), I wouldn’t say that because it would be like crapping on a Christmas tree.  I did have a quiet conversation at a trial with someone though who said something about a particular process bugging her and I said “me too”.  Then we admitted we had each thought we were the only ones with this issue.  What would it be like to have an online forum where people could gripe about agility biger picture issues (though of course no one would ever do that) and get it out of their system, or even find solutions without being blasted for bringing it up?

When I say “griping about agility” I don’t mean the ever popular (with me) “DAMN THOSE FRONT CROSSES!”’; but more like “This _____, (venue), does X and I don’t know why and don’t see the point of it.”  And yes, I am familiar with the ever-popular saying “IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT YOU SHOULD QUIT”.  Which doesn’t apply since I absolutely “like it”.

Trust me; I’m not volunteering to set something like this up!  I don’t have anything like the experience it would take to make this OK.  I’m risk-taker enough by even having a silly blog.  But I’m fully convinced that a little anonymous blood -letting wouldn’t spoil anyone’s fun.  It certainly won’t demotivate any dogs, we can just tell them “no treats” if they read it (we are talking a lot of Border Collies in this group).

No comments:

Post a Comment