Forbidden Food

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

List!


I was thinking about how I need to replace the throw-rugs I accidentally left at a hotel this summer (yes, throw-rugs); and thought I might make a list of things I must try to remember in order to enhance our trial traveling experiences.


Items to Bring:

Throw-rugs:  I love flooring in a hotel room, Layla decidedly does not.  When we put in the new   We have large rugs covering the downstairs enough for her to get around without precious toes touching the slippery.  I love any break from dirty, hotel carpet; Layla would take grime every time, I bring rugs. 

My ball, my rug!
When we put in the new flooring downstairs in our house, it took months to figure out how to retrain her to climb them again.

Chuck-it balls:  Even though there may not be a hidden, grassy area to be irresponsible and toss the ball around in; Layla likes to have at least one ball with her at all times, in her crate, in our bed, everywhere. BALL!

My own sheets and pillow:  Though Layla couldn’t care less, I’m painfully hotel-phobic and I think about it too much.

Actions to Control:

Crate away from the ring, (wanna-run, wanna-run, wanna-run, wanna-run,…..yipyipyip)

Do NOT get near any practice jump that is near the ring or over-the-top dog will materialize from the mists of doom.  OTT dog doesn't bother to show up for a jump in another room, however, so that's cool.
 Keep away from small boys:  Layla wants to herd them.

No treats while waiting to run; yet another murky gateway to over-the-top-dog.

Have treats available for after the run; she’s a good girl!

And after last week I have a new action to keep in mind; it might be better to go ahead and let her sniff the butt of the dog running ahead of us than to thwart her every attempt, only to have her stick her nose up his handler’s skirt.  I guess somebody’s butt was going to be sniffed, someway, somehow.

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahaballballballballballminemineminemine If someone wants to participate in activities with their dogs and others, one must expect to be sniffed in strange places.

    ReplyDelete